I’ve been on a little bloggy break for the past week, so I thought I’d ease myself back into it by starting off with my favorite kinda post: the one where you do all the writing!
And, I think you may have a lot to write about this one.
Fellow faith based blogger Kristin of Messiah Mom informed me of a new kind of pole dancing in Houston, TX.
You can view the newstory for yourself here. WARNING: May Not Be Suitable for Anyone.
Former exotic dancer Crystal Deans of Houston, TX offers pole dancing classes on the 2nd Sunday of every month, to the tune of upbeat contemporary Christian music.
Some interesting things Deans mentions:
- Class is for women only; entrance granted upon submission of your church program
- Classes are held on Sundays as a continuation of the whole worship thing
- An effort to teach women to feel good about themselves and be empowered
Deans explains the purpose of pole dancing for Jesus is God gives us these bodies and they’re supposed to be our temples and we’re supposed to take care of them and that’s what we’re doing.
One participant acknowledges that when pole dancing for Jesus, she feels a spiritual connection.
It’s too bad that neighboring Christian gift shop, Lord and Nature, does not share the sentiment.
I thought this would be an interesting tie-in to my ongoing sex series. If you’ve missed it, be sure to check out the following posts:
- Your Input Please: For Mature Audiences Only
- Let’s Talk about Sex…and God
- Let’s Talk about Sex…and God: Legitimizing Sexual Addiction, Pt. 1
- Let’s Talk about Sex…and God: Legitimizing Sexual Addiciton, Pt. 2
So, what are your thoughts about pole dancing for Jesus?
Would you ever pole dance for Jesus, even if it was just for fitness?
What’s the most unique workout you’ve ever taken part in?
And, if you’re a blogger, link up to your best post I missed last week! I’ve got a lot of catching up to do. I’ll post later this week on what I did while on my bloggy break and why I did it.